Tuesday, April 1, 2014

It's Time to Reflect!

It’s reflection time, which can only mean one thing, the semester is coming to a close! Can you tell I’m excited? After 8 college semesters I am both excited and scared shitless for my college career to be ending. One thing I have come to realize over the years however is that good professors with a solid curriculum are hard to come by, but Dr. Freberg is a different story. At the end of my Fall 2013 semester I was desperate to find a 400 level communication class, all were either full, lame, or not interesting.

When I stumbled upon Dr. Freberg’s Social Media course it sparked my interest and I went to meet with her. She warned me that this class was work intensive and required a lot of attention. With this advice I was hesitant but decided to enroll anyways since Professor Freberg seemed like a really sweet person. And I am so pleased with my choice! This semester has carried with it a very intense workload, especially with me being the group leader, and the fact that I am taking 18 credit hours this semester, but it is so worth it!

COMM 460 has been the first class that I have taken in my entire college career that I have actually felt like it has prepared me for entering the workforce and provided me with real-life, applicable knowledge that will help me to succeed in my career and have an advantage over other potential employees. Aside from the time consumption and hard work, I am happy to have made a few new friends in this class and to have a pretty good group for our semester long project. This class has introduced me to so many new technologies, jobs and other aspects that come along with social media that I would have never have known if I hadn’t taken this class. I am thankful for Dr. Freberg for being so warm and inviting to her students and making them feel like their voice matters. She has been a pleasant change from the typical college professors that I have taken in the past.

I recommend this class to anyone who is majoring in Communications at UofL.


Reflect on all aspects of your life, it is the best way to change and learn more about yourself!
Being a grateful, honest, kind, and loving person is the most important thing in life!
Be the best you you can be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment