Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekly Movie Review: "Endless Love" -Comm460


Photo cred to Pinterest

So my roommate and I decided it was only fitting to go on a last minute “date” to Red Lobster on Valentine’s day, of course being surrounded by seemingly happy couples doesn’t help a single girl cope with the harsh reality of the lack of romance in her life. Naturally, out of defiance of the holiday, I sported an all black outfit consisting of a raincoat, yoga pants and the worst black and white houndstooth rain boots from Target, I mean honestly they’re hideous. As we waited for almost an hour and a half for our table a waiter walked by and casually shouted, “nice boots,” thinking he was being sarcastic because of their heinousness I paid it no mind. After our delicious calorie packed meal came to an end our waiter came up to us and asked if one us was wearing boots, confused I confessed that I was and he said that one of the other waiters wanted to come talk to me, hesitantly I agreed. This cute, tall man approached our table and said, “My father always told me that if you see a pretty lady the best way to get her number is to compliment her shoes.” *gasp! * My defiance of the dreadful holiday had landed me a date!

In an attempt to continue my newly found “holiday” spirit I felt it only fitting to head to movies to see the overwhelmingly advertised for Valentine’s blockbuster, “Endless Love”. No regrets there. However, for-warning, if you are not into dramatic romantic movies that star beautiful people, this is not the film for you.

“Endless Love” is the meeting place for young passionate love and unfortunate luck. This love story centers around two tanned, blonde & beautiful teens who fall into a passionate love the summer after graduating high school. Jade Butterfield (played by the stunning Gabriella Wilde) spent her entire high school career studying to go pre-med at Brown upon graduation and in turn sacrificed any chance of having friends. While out at a celebratory country club dinner with her extremely wealthy family, a boy from her graduating class catches her eye, the smoking hot valet, David Elliot (played by Alex Pettyfer). The pair kick off their romance at Jade’s graduation party and from there their romance spirals out of control. With Jade being from such an influential family and David’s father being a mechanic their love is bound to be dealt with its fair share of controversy and turmoil. Witnessing this gorgeous and real love story rise, fall, and rise again will cause you to become utterly jealous and want to make-out with the next valet or hot mechanic you can get your hands on.


This film takes you on the emotional ride of your life and I never wanted to get off. Since the trailer is slightly deceiving, I went in with mixed expectations and a feeling that the film was going to be focused on an intensely eerie love. If you haven’t seen the trailer, which would be truly shocking, check it out below. But it turned out to be quite the contrary. You will absolutely fall in love with the main characters and root for them throughout the film. In an attempt to not give this suspenseful, artful, happy, agitating, and tear jerking movie away I will sum it up by saying it’s a must see! Especially for people in their 20’s waiting for their passionate love to come along.




No comments:

Post a Comment