Monday, February 3, 2014

Weekly Film Review: "That Awkward Moment" - Comm 460


It’s time for the weekly film review and I’ve had yet another positive experience with a film. I’m switching things up this week with a bit more of an upbeat comedy rather than a serious drama. “That Awkward Moment”, which hit theatres this past weekend, came in at the No. 3 position at the box office, just behind Disney’s “Frozen” (blog to come for this groundbreaking film soon), and Kevin Hart’s “Ride Along”.  But for me of course, no film can rival the eye candy combo of Zac Efron, Michael B. Jordan and my personal favorite, Miles Teller (yum).
“That Awkward Moment” is a film that’s advertisements don’t do it justice, which says something since the trailers are hilarious. The film is a perfect coming together of comedy and romance but not in the standard romcom way (thankfully). After my roommates and I saw it on Saturday I couldn’t wait to write about it, if only for the fact that I get to reminisce on the complete wonder that is Miles Teller (don’t ask me to explain my addiction to this guy, he is simply my end all). The film follows these three 20 somethings on their journey to avoid romance while simultaneously finding themselves entirely caught up in it. The romances that are portrayed in this film inspire me to get out there and find a guy of my own to spend my days with. I can’t say much more about the plot without giving it away, but the film’s depth will stun you. If you are a college student or recent graduate this film is a relatable escape and definitely worth seeing!


Seriously? How adorable are they?
photo credit to nylonmag.com


                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment