Friday, February 28, 2014

I AM



After seeing this image this morning on Julianne Hough’s Instagram account (juleshough) it inspired me to think. I searched to answer the question, “what am I?” What are the words that I can use to describe who I am? Not just the basic qualifiers that make me who I am, but who am I to the very core of my soul? What makes me uniquely me? I thought about what words come to mind when my friends think about me. As a firm believer in self-improvement I decided to become introspective and make a list of what I think I am. Full honestly disclosed, and in no particular order. So… without further ado, this is who I AM. 

I AM an animal lover
I AM an emotional being
I AM someone who strives for self-improvement
I AM a woman
I AM a feminist
I AM thoughtful
I AM a person who believes in the beauty of a smile
I AM a hugger
I AM strong
I AM a firm believer in doing exactly what you love
I AM someone who values a person who is unapologetically themself
I AM unique
I AM weird, in a good way (usually)
I AM flawed
I AM a person who sees the beauty in flaws
I AM eccentric
I AM fascinated by life & people
I AM in love with water & the ocean
I AM my struggles
I AM a film junkie
I AM a person who believes in the power of kindness
I AM loud
I AM trustworthy 
I AM a music person
I AM a nonconformist
I AM honest (sometimes to a fault)
I AM a family person
I AM sensitive
I AM an over-thinker
I AM smart, but not in the standard way
I AM a believer in the beauty of being different
I AM scared
I AM temperamental
I AM controlling, but working on it
I AM sympathetic
I AM a friend, daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece, cousin 
But most importantly, I AM ME. 

If your friends and family had to write down what words or traits came to mind when they thought about you, what would they write? Who are you, and who do you want to be?


No comments:

Post a Comment