Wednesday, January 15, 2014

COMM 303 Blog # 1

Welcome to my blog! Apologies about the format, this is my first blog ever and I'm such a newby to the blogging world. But nonetheless I am excited to get started. For introductory purposes my name is Madeleine/Maddie Cull. I was born and raised in Fort Thomas, KY which is a small city right outside of Cincinnati. I am currently a senior at UofL but it wasn't until my junior year that I transferred here from UK. I have to admit, despite the rivalry I have a love for both schools in different ways. If everything goes as planned I will be graduating this summer with a degree in Communications and Sociology. However my passion has always been acting and film. Hopefully when I save up enough money I will move to LA and try to start a career in that field. But not to worry, I also have a passion for event planning, PR, marketing and social media; so I have a fall back plan if my true passion doesn't work out.

Generally speaking, I am one who like to stay up to pace with communication technology and all the ways we can be connected to different communities through the use of comm. technology. While I would love to be able to keep up with all of the new and exciting electronic toys, I unfortunately am not in the financial place to do so. So for now I will stick to my laptop and i-phone. For many people, they view radio as a dying medium, but for me as a somewhat old fashioned gal I personally love the radio. I listen to it almost every day for the music aspect of it (not talk radio) and especially in the car, if I could figure it out I would love to install satellite radio because I think the possibilities are endless with that! On the other hand, most of my friends and family do not use the medium and are more likely to not listen at all or to use some sort of i-phone hook up due to their hatred for commercials. Personally, I see radios future as a somewhat "ify" territory, as most view it as a dying technology. I believe that sooner than later the traditional radio will cease to exist and satellite radio will take its place.

Hope you enjoyed my first post and that I can figure out how to make this an informative and creative spot for information and input on communication technology.

- Madeleine

No comments:

Post a Comment