Monday, January 20, 2014

Comm 303 Blog #2


For me, music is something that I find particularly inspiring. It is not only an escape from the daily stressors of life, and sometimes the cause of stress, it is also a culturally important tool. No matter where you are in the country, and sometimes the world, you can talk to someone about music and certain songs and always have a conversation topic. Recently I have mainly been listening to music on my phone through my downloaded music from iTunes, or via Pandora, and sometimes through the iHeart Radio app, which allows you to listen to radio stations in all major cities in America. When I’m at home I tend to stick to listening to music through my laptop. As mentioned in the previous blog, I am a huge radio advocate so when I’m in the car I always have the radio on. For me, listening to music is an escape. When I’m feeling stressed, sad, overwhelmed, or need to get into an upbeat mood, I almost always turn to music. 
The three main occasions I listen to music are in the car, at my house, and when I workout. In my opinion, music will be around forever and will be constantly evolving. I am excited to see what the future holds as far as the new devices that will be created for listening to music. Over the weekend I saw the futuristic film Her, in which a man falls in love with an advanced operating system. The film created a future where the people are so focused on technology that they become entirely detached from the ability to communicate with actual humans. However, the technology that the film features are amazing and I can definitely see the world headed in that direction. Or at least I hope that one day a wireless ear bud will allow us to use our voice to access our music and we can direct the technology to play what we want to hear, as they did in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment